Newest Adelphi Baseball Player

Kevin Smith, Staff Writer

This September, Westhampton Beach varsity baseball player Frankie Noto committed to Adelphi University. 

Frankie, a two sport athlete, plays both football and baseball for WHB. He is a four year varsity baseball starter as the corner outfielder and pitcher for the ‘Canes baseball team.  He is also the starting center and linebacker for the football team. 

Adelphi, a Division II school, is a hard and dedicated school to get into. Last year Adelphi was 4-5 with the shortened season due to COVID but the year prior in 2019 they were 34-9-1. Frankie is looking to make his mark on the Panthers. He said, “I can impact the team in many ways with my bat in the lineup and with my arm as a corner outfield.” 

Most high ranking schools in Division I and II don’t guarantee starting spots to incoming freshmen. With seven returning outfielders, Frankie said that he still believes he will have a starting spot for next year. He said, “Head coach Bill Ianiciello believes I can come into my freshman year as a starter in right field. He loves my swing, the workload I can bring into the lineup and my arm in right field. I expect to work and work as much as I can to secure the starting spot.”

Committing to a Division II requires a lot of hard work throughout the years. One key way to improve is through travel teams. Frankie told me that travel teams have helped him tremendously throughout the years. He said, “I believe travel teams have helped me with my recruiting process. Going into my sophomore year I had a video taken of me hitting a double off a 17 year old in the gap. Another video was taken of me hitting a ball at 101 mph exit velocity as a 15 year old.”

We wish Frankie the best of luck for the next four years at Adelphi!