The news site of Westhampton Beach High School

The Hurricane Eye

The Hurricane Eye

The Hurricane Eye

Secret Spots for Good Food

Turkuz Grill
Turkuz Grill

Long Island is a famous destination spot that we are lucky to live in. Known for its elegant destinations and its fine-dining, some of the sweet local spots can be discovered with just a drive by. 

With summer just around the corner, here are some secret spots that are affordable and delicious.

Turkuaz Grill

Address: 40 McDermott Ave, Riverhead, NY 11901

Turkuaz Grill is a delicious Mediterranean option for local dining. This restaurant is located by the Peconic River overlooking the estuary. Besides its waterfront view, the prices are affordable for the quality of food. Recommended:

A few of their popular dishes include a Mediterranean salad, and authentic
Mediterranean options like kabobs, hummus, or a falafel platter. Turkuaz offers the taste of a true Mediterranean local!  It is also owned by a Westhampton family.

Delfiore Pizza

Address: 75 E Main St, Patchogue, NY 11772

https://italianopizzaandfood.com/ 

Delfiore Pizza is located on Main Street in Patchogue. This spot offers a variety of homemade pizzas that are delectable and may be different from your local pizza place.

Recommended:

One of my recommendations is their Brooklyn slice, which is like an upscale version of a regular cheese slice. Their thick crust is homemade and delicious! Definitely worth the drive!

Matsulin

Address: 131 W Montauk Hwy, Hampton Bays, NY 11946

https://www.matsulin.com/ 

Moving to Asian cuisine, this restaurant located in Hampton Bays in an old bank building offers authentic Asian cuisine, including  sushi rolls and hot dishes. It’s located on Montauk Highway near the movie theater.

Recommended:

One of their popular dishes is their fried rice. It’s served inside of a pineapple and comes with a paper umbrella. They have fresh fish and a large selection of sushi rolls on their menu!

Little Gull Cafe

Address:

54 N Phillips Ave, Remsenburg-Speonk, NY 11972- Little Gull

https://www.littlegullcafe.com/

Last but not least is Little Gull Cafe. This spot is hidden inside Remsenburg-Speonk train station. I work at Little Gull and can confirm the food is as good as it looks! Little Gull offers breakfast and lunch, and as the weather’s getting warmer they will be open for Saturday dinners.

Recommended:

A recommendation for breakfast would be their Good Morning sandwich. It comes with their homemade rolls and any meat of your choice, you can also choose how you want your eggs. For lunch, try the Remsenburger or the chicken salad BLT on their homemade rolls. With a new special every week, stop by for delicious fresh comfort food!