The news site of Westhampton Beach High School

The Hurricane Eye

The Hurricane Eye

The Hurricane Eye

Keeping Fit’ at East End Fitness

East End Fitness is a popular fitness facility based right in Center Moriches. Going to the gym fulfills the body and mind. At East End, they come together and can give you complete peace. 

Have you ever felt that feeling of peace? Walking into the gym is creating this feeling of serotonin that no one can explain. Sophomore Jack Glover enjoys the gym so much he goes everyday. Jack said, “The gym has physically helped me by making me stronger and healthier” He also says, “It has mentally made me disciplined and the gym motivates me.”

East End Fitness has a smoothie bar and nutritious pre-workout meals. Jack likes that ”East End Fitness has delicious protein shakes. The “Cookie Monster” protein shake is my favorite.”

The gym has so many things to offer. It is a place to socialize and bond with your friends as well as getting healthy. Sophomore Carmine Esposito states that “I have been going for two years now and I enjoy the environment and the vibes there.”

But, he thinks the equipment needs to be replaced. “I do not think they have good equipment, it’s all old and falling apart. The plates look like they have a bite taken out of them.”

East End Fitness offers a wide variety of classes that will bring your workout experience to the next level. As a boxer myself, I highly appreciate that there is boxing equipment and classes that you can take. East End Fitness is all about “building a healthy community one body at a time.”

Blogs on the website check out health benefits and what they have to offer. People who exercise regularly typically do so because it greatly improves their sense of well-being. They have sharper memory, feel more rested and optimistic about their life, and have more energy throughout the day. They also sleep better at night. It’s also an effective treatment for a variety of common mental health issues.

Mental health now is a very big issue in the world, the gym can solve your self confidence and the mental blockage and motivate you to just get rid of your bad thoughts. Everyone could use working out as their safe place and safe spot to get away from stress.