Can You Dig It? Gym Edition

Daniella Tagliavia, Staff Writer

Get excited WHBHS your favorite gym game is starting. Mr. O’Brien, a gym teacher at WHBHS, and Dielleza Turkaj, a student at WHBHS, talk about the game itself and how they feel about the game. Already being a week into the game, students and gym teachers already know their class rankings. If you are number one in the class keep it up, you have a long way to go.

Mr. O’Brien, knowing all the rules of the game, tells us the rules and the basics of playing gym volleyball. The way the gym class is split up into teams is they pick captains and let the captains choose who they want on their team. The rules for points are you have to do rally scoring, “rally scoring means every serve gets a point,” Mr. O’Brien says. Each time the teams change servers the serving team moves counter clockwise. The rules for serving are you have to get it over the net on your first serve; there’re no retries and the team receiving the serve cant block or spike the serve. “ The most annoying thing about gym volleyball is when people kick the ball,” Mr. O’Brien says.

Dielleza Turkaj’s favorite gym sport is volleyball. She says it’s her favorite because “it’s the most fun, the class gets most into volleyball gym then any other sport.” Dielleza says that the most exciting part about gym volleyball is being able to pick your own teams and winning. “The people that are on my team are Derrick Dunn, Sarah Bleckman, Daniella Tagliavia, Zach Anasky, Olga, and myself.” “We are number one in our class and we plan to keep it that way,” Dielleza says.

Already being a week into the game, students and gym teachers already know their class rankings. The class rankings determine who is the best in your class and at the end of the season the best team in each class competes in the all time gym volleyball championship. Good luck.