The news site of Westhampton Beach High School

The Hurricane Eye

The Hurricane Eye

The Hurricane Eye

Very Merry Dessert Ideas

The holidays are here and with that comes stress with what treats to bring to holiday parties. 

From festive snacks to Christmas crack, here are some delectable holiday dessert ideas for you to bring to this year’s holiday parties. 

CHRISTMAS CRACK

This delectable dessert is made up of saltine cracker layered with toffee and creamy chocolate, then topped with crunchy pecans for the ultimate sweet and salty treat. 

My experience making this was very easy and simple. I first set up all my ingredients, and made sure I had everything out to make the dessert. I then layered my saltine crackers on my tray. 

The only difficult part of assembling this dessert was making sure the toffee mixture (butter and brown sugar) was at the perfect temperature to layer on top of my saltines. Overall, this dessert was a success and pretty simple for your average person to make for the holidays. 

Recipe  

Ease factor: ⛄⛄⛄out of five 

Deliciousness: ????? out of five (rated by my family and Mrs. Mett)

SUGAR COOKIE TRUFFLES

These four ingredient truffles will surely wow your family at this year’s holiday party. They are made with crushed up cookies, cream cheese, dipped in white chocolate, and festive sprinkles. 

This dessert requires you to bake premade sugar cookies and crush them up with cream cheese. With only four ingredients, It is not expensive to purchase these ingredients, and the recipe is fool proof. The dipping in white chocolate was a little difficult, but I just used toothpicks and tapped the truffles on the side of the bowl to get the excess chocolate off. If you are an inexperienced baker these may not come out the prettiest but will surely still taste delicious. 

Recipe  

Ease Factor: ☃️☃️out of five

Deliciousness:  ?????out of five (rated by my family and Journalism class)

CHRISTMAS KITCHEN SINK COOKIE

These cookies are sweet and salty,  filled with pretzel and potato chip pieces, M&M’s, white chocolate chips, and even sprinkles. The combination of salty and sweet will set an explosion of flavor in your mouth, and will definitely impress your family and friends this holiday season.

Christmas Kitchen Sink Cookies are super simple to make, and follow the basic layout of any chocolate chip cookie dough recipe. The aspect that makes them so fun and festive are their decorative toppings within. They were very easy to make, and only took me about 20 minutes to make. If you are in a rush to make something to bring to a festive event, this is surely the dessert for you. 

Recipe 

Ease Factor: ☃️☃️☃️☃️☃️out of five

Deliciousness:  ?????out of five (rated by my family and journalism class)