Hurricane Wrestlers Come Out On Top

Hurricane Wrestlers Come Out On Top

Jemma Spitaleri, Staff Writer

The boys are back; on Saturday January 7, the Hurricane Wrestling team dominated the Cory Hubbard Duals.

This year marked the third Cory Hubbard Duals. Cory was a WHB alumni who died from a hit and run. Cory had a “positive attitude and electric personality,” said coach Paul Bass in a speech at the meet. In honor of Cory, the Duals was named after the 5-year consecutive wrestler.  Bass continued, “Cory represented all that is great about high school sports.”

For the past two years of the duals, the wrestlers have raised 3,000 dollars for the Live Your Cor foundation.

The weather on January 7 was not in favor for the wrestlers. It started to snow around 9 and snowed heavily throughout the day. With the snow expected, Holy Trinity did not show up but six other teams did including Bay Shore, Bellport, Hampton Bays, Newfield, Sayville, and Valley Stream North. The wrestlers started wrestling around 8 am and ended around noon; the buses got back to their respective schools safely.

The Hurricane Wrestling team went 3-0 against Hampton Bays, Newfield, and Valley Stream North. Some of the boys were undefeated in the duals including Jackson Hulse, Gavin McIntyre, Liam McIntyre, Scott Rementer, Tyler Skala, and Ryan Wagner.

The boys are back in town, WHB.