Taylor Gallarello: Future Flame

Lizzie Knieriemen, Staff Writer

Senior lacrosse goalie Taylor Gallarello has officially signed to Liberty University, a Division 1 school located in Lynchburg, Virginia. 

Liberty is a four-year, co-ed Christian college with over 15,000 students and 40 different sports teams. Liberty’s athletic teams compete in Division 1 of the NCAA in the Atlantic Sun Conference. 

Taylor, a dedicated athlete, has been working toward this goal for as long as she can remember. She began playing lacrosse at seven years old and started the college search in 6th grade. She has been part of the girls varsity lacrosse team since 8th grade. In November of 2019, she verbally committed to Liberty University during a visit to the campus. She said “when I stepped onto the campus I played so good and just fell in love with the environment and the people around me.”

In order to become a collegiate athlete, Taylor had to make sacrifices. Her weekends consisted of traveling across the United States to play in tournaments and showcases. “I didn’t really have much time to hang out with friends, so that was definitely something I had to adjust to.” 

Being a college athlete involves a high level of commitment, which Taylor is already used to. “I know that committing to a college sport means devoting your time to going to practice and working out. I feel pretty confident that I will adjust well to this type of schedule because of the way I grew up.”

Taylor is excited for a fresh start at Liberty next fall, and plans on pursuing a degree in sports medicine on the pre-med track. “I am really excited to learn how to be independent and live my life in a new environment surrounded by new people. I also have a sense of security knowing my family is at home in case anything goes wrong.”

Good luck to Taylor next year at Liberty University!