The news site of Westhampton Beach High School

The Hurricane Eye

The Hurricane Eye

The Hurricane Eye

Dylan Laube Declares for the NFL Draft

Dylan Laube rushes towards the endzone

Last month, 2018 WHB alum and 2017 Carl Hansen winner Dylan Laube declared for the NFL Draft, which will be held in April.
When Westhampton Beach area residents hear the name Dylan Laube, they think about how dominant he was in high school football.

Laube, as running back, set a school record of 2,680 rushing yards on 249 carries and 47 touchdowns in just his senior year. He became the hometown hero when he led WHB to their first LIC win in 28 years where he scored six touchdowns and rushed for 227 yards.
To go along with this performance he won the Carl Hansen Award which is given to the best football player on Long Island, the first time a WHB student won the award. After high school, Laube went to college at the University of New Hampshire where he continued his fine play.
Over his career at UNH he had 2773 rushing yards and 1791 receiving yards and was named an FCS Walter Payton Award finalist, given to the offensive player of the year.
In a recent interview with Dylan about his plan for the draft, he said, “I had no more years left of eligibility and I believed I was ready to move on to the next step in my career. I always believed I was a top football player in the nation but just always under-recruited. I just stayed the course and trusted myself that I was at the top.”
Cole Magner, one of Dylan’s high school coaches and retired NFL player, agrees. “Dylan was a coach’s dream. His work ethic is what sets him apart from everyone else. He’s never complacent and is continuously doing anything and everything he can do to get better.”
Dylan has acted as a role model for WHB football players and offers this advice to aspiring athletes. He said, “I would say to never doubt yourself. It’s a long hard journey but never forget your why. Always believe in who you are and through that journey there will be doubters but if you stay true to yourself you got a shot.”
Recently, Laube was selected to play in the Senior Bowl, a prestigious game for the best college senior football players in the country. “Being able to show my talents on the biggest stage for a college senior is so exciting, plus I’m excited to show everybody what I can do.”
Magner said, “The fact that he got invited to the Senior Bowl means that NFL teams really like Dylan but they want to see him play in person. He has an amazing opportunity to make a team fall in love with him, which is what I fully expect him to do.”

Of all teams, Dylan said that he would love to play for the Steelers because he grew up a fan of them his whole life. “ It would be a dream,” said Dylan. He also said that a lot of people would love to see him on the Jets or Giants because he is from Long Island.
Laube says a huge part of his success is due to his family.  He said, “I owe my success to my family, my mom, my dad, my two brothers Devin and Deegan. They have done everything for me by pushing me, showing me how to be a hard-working individual, and providing for me to succeed. Without them I couldn’t be who I am today.”
Dylan is expected to play in the Senior Bowl on February 3rd that is going to be streamed on the NFL Network. Tune in and support him as he plays for his future.

The 2024 NFL draft will take place on Thursday, April 25 followed by rounds 2 and 3 on April 26 and rounds 4-7 on April 28 and will be broadcast on the NFL Network, ESPN and the ESPN App.