The news site of Westhampton Beach High School

The Hurricane Eye

The Hurricane Eye

The Hurricane Eye

Summer Work Brings Sunny Perks.

L-R: Hampton Coffee Company, Quogue Beach Club, Quantuck Beach Club, and WHB Beach Bakery

When school is out for the summer, students of WHB have lots of leisure time. Here are some summer job ideas in WHB to get you out of the house and making money.  

A tourist community, WHB offers many job opportunities to get you out of the house and making money including beach clubs, restaurants, surf shops,and coffee shops. Many students work in these local stores. Junior Lana Salvaggio works at Quantuck Beach club on Dune Road. She said, “ I enjoy working at Quantuck because they have such flexible hours, which makes it easier for me to plan my schedule as a busy high school student.” 

Since beach clubs only operate in the summer, you can enjoy the freedom of having a job, while not having to balance work and school at the same time. Lana continued, “They pay me a decent amount of money, which is also good for my spending habits.”

If you are struggling to choose a job,  look at your hobbies and what you enjoy doing. This might lead  you in the right direction to a job that does not feel like real work. Junior Tifany Gomez works at Hampton Coffee Company located right in town. She says, “I am an avid coffee drinker and would always admire the positive atmosphere whenever I would go get my coffee.” By finding a job that has a positive atmosphere and people you enjoy being around, making money can be fun. 

Tiffany also mentioned that bosses are also pretty lenient on younger employees. “When I went for my interview, the boss was super nice and the whole process really was not scary.”

If you live closer to the Quogue area you may want to work at Quogue Beach Club like junior Kara McCormack. 

Kara has been working at Quogue Beach Club for years. She says, “This job was my first choice because it is an easy commute.”  Kara also said, “It is super fun, kept me busy, and allowed me to fuel my shopping addiction. It also gives a Christmas bonus!”

Summer jobs provide a learning experience for teens, and help to improve their communication, and time management skills. With so many options within the community to make money and have a fun time while doing so, I’m sure if you look hard enough there is a summer job for you! There are job listings posted outside Mrs. Demchak’s room, 214.