Post Prom!

google+images+

google images

Sofia Mattera, Staff Writer

The junior prom took place on Friday, April 28th at Westhampton Country Club. Reflecting on the night, juniors shared their opinions.

The music, food, and overall vibes are factors that all juniors are curious about days before prom happens. After the fact, I wanted to find out what juniors thought. Junior Heath Sumwalt said, “The music was good and everyone was dancing most of the night.” 

A tradition before prom is to meet up with your friends and take pictures. “Taking photos together before prom was my favorite part because I like to see all my friends dressed up,” said junior Charlotte Dermody. 

At our school, students meet at their friend’s house for pre-prom pics and are then bussed to prom from the high school. Although it’s easy transportation, it also means that the students are not allowed to leave prom until the bus comes to pick them up at 10:30. “I wish we could leave prom whenever we would like because it ends pretty late,” says junior Frankie Derby.

Other schools have traditions that some students would like to see brought to WHB. Prom king and queen, a red carpet walk, and taking a limo to the venue to name a few. Junior Grace LoGelfo said, “I wish we had prom king and queen. It would be fun to vote for who would win.” 

Even with all the feedback about junior prom, each year the students have a day to dress up, bond with their grade, and have a great time together before the school year ends. I wonder what next year brings for senior prom!