Winter In Westhampton

Quogue Beach Club in the winter

Morgan Laube, Staff Writer

Winter in Westhampton can be described in one word….boring.  Although there is more to do during the summer time, winter still brings things to do.

Winter is the one season that brings something different than all the others…snow. The only reason most students like snow is because it gives us a day off from school but it also gives us something to do during the cold and boring winter season. Whether its sledding, snowball fights, building a snowman, eating snowflakes or lying in bed drinking hot chocolate, snow days can be filled with things to do.

Sophomore Ava O’Neill said, “During the winter I like to hangout with my friends and do things like go ice skating.” The Southampton Ice Skating Rink is open everyday during the week. Their hours on Saturdays and holidays are 11 am to 10 pm. During the week they public skating is available from 2 pm till either 4:15, 5:30 or 6:30. Weekend prices are $20 for adults 16 and over and $15 for children ages 15 and under. During weekdays it’s best for adults to go, prices are $15 for adults and $12 for children. Sophomore Daelyn D’Agostino said, “It’s a nicely sized rink and the workers are really helpful.”

Unfortunately, snow days rarely happen at WHBHS. But there are things to do on the weekends, like finding beautiful places locally to take wintry pictures with your friends. The best part about living in WHB is living less than five minutes away from the beach, so grab an egg sandwich from your local deli and head over to the beach to watch the waves.  Another suggest to take advantage of the PTO ski trips. They are every month through the winter season.  The next trip is on February 4th to Mt. Snow.

If none of these suggestions sound appealing to you, look on the bright side – only 54 days left of winter and 93 days until summer.