On the Road to Happiness…

Courtney+Tyson

Courtney Tyson

Hailey Hawkesworth, Staff Writer

Courtney Tyson is a girl like no one else. She shares some of the same dreams and aspirations as others, but she is different in so many ways. Courtney plans to be successful in her career one day, but her main priority in life, is to be the happiest person she can be.

Courtney is a determined student who gives 100% during the school day, and doesn’t stop even when she gets home. She works hard both at school and at work. She knows that in order to be successful and get into a good college and really begin her dream life, she needs to do everything she can right now to make sure it happens. Courtney’s biggest motivation in life is the people around her and her current situation. She wants to go above and beyond what her parents have achieved and do the most she can to live a life that is comfortable, successful, and happy in every way.

Courtney can be described as a person who is addicted to happiness and laughter. She loves her friends because she knows they can always make her laugh, which she says is the best feeling ever, “all my friends mean so much to me, they are what gets me through a hard day.” Courtney is unique because unlike most others, her one true goal in life is to achieve complete happiness. She would love to have a successful career and be involved in criminal justice like most of her family is, but she knows that if there is one thing that matters the most to her, it’s happiness.

Courtney doesn’t consider herself lucky and she says that most of the time things don’t go the way she hopes they would. This, to some could be a major stressor and something they resent, but Courtney knows that the things that go wrong now, are just reminders to make them right in the future. If there’s one thing Courtney has, it’s a good attitude. Courtney says, “I feel that what makes me stand out is the fact that I speak my mind, I say what I’m thinking, and sometimes it’s not very good.” She knows how to laugh at herself and make every unfortunate situation slightly better with a little humor and raw honesty, which she knows can work against her sometimes, but that’s the fun of it all.