The news site of Westhampton Beach High School

The Hurricane Eye

The Hurricane Eye

The Hurricane Eye

Laube Lands in Las Vegas

Photo Courtesy of 27East.com
Dylan Laube being drafted to the Raiders

Dylan Laube is the first WHB alum to be drafted since Sean Farrell, 42 years ago. He was selected in the 208th pick in the 2024 NFL Draft by the Raiders. On April 27th, he got a call from the Raiders management team while patiently waiting and watching the draft with his family. Head coach Antonio Pierce, said that everyone in the Raiders organization was excited to have him and to see what he could do. Dylan was extremely excited to show and prove to everyone that he belonged in the NFL.

The draft is a stressful time as many players don’t know where or if they will be drafted. Dylan’s Agent, Joe DiBenedetto said, “It’s rounds 4-7 or day three where a lot of teams are going with the best player available. So selling my guys and finding teams with interest is the name of the game on that day. Also keeping the clients in notice and the teams in check for all of our guys is the obstacles you need to navigate.” He also said that rounds 1-3 are easy because every team and player has a general idea of where they may go.

Dylan has been an incredible role model for WHB students. When speaking to the current WHB Football Head Coach Mr. Schaumloffel, he said, “He was such a special player and if anything the coaches learned from him, he really showed us what a great leader and teammate is. To this day we reference Dylan and things he did to prepare for the season, the way he practiced and how he carried the team on his back when needed.” Joe DiBenedetto agrees and believes that Dylan will be successful in the NFL. He said, “Dylan is just the hardest worker I know. The kid lives and dies by the game of football: he’s the first one in the building and the last one out and I have zero doubt he will succeed in this league.”

Since being Drafted, Dylan is now training with the Raiders in Las Vegas and is showing the coaches what he can do. Coach Schaumloffel said that Dylan had to work extremely hard to get to where he is today, harder than he’s ever seen one of his player’s work. “It takes dedication, hard work, and a lot of hours.  As talented as Dylan is, he works for it everyday. Even in the NFL I guarantee the coaches will see Dylan as one of the team’s hardest workers.” He said.

After being drafted by the Raiders, Dylan responded by saying, “I’m so fired up to prove you right and the 31 teams who passed on me wrong. Let’s work!” This has been his goal for his whole life and he is extremely excited to play in the NFL. His agent said, “My plan for Dylan is to keep hitting every goal he wants to reach. For years, he and I have had a “one goal at a time” mentality. His goal is to get serious playing time and start/ succeed with the Raiders and I plan to help him achieve those goals however I can!” 

All of Long Island is looking forward to watching Dylan succeed in the NFL. Follow Him on Instagram @dylanlaube to stay updated on his success.