Westhampton to WestConn

Dante Mansfield, Staff Writer

Western Connecticut University hit the jackpot with junior FOGO Nolan Michalowski as he has committed to play college lacrosse for the Wolves in 2024.

Western Connecticut State University is a public school based in and around the city of Danbury. Established in 1903, it has been known by its current name, and the acronym WestConn, since 1983. Although WestConn may not be well known it is right up there with athletic powerhouses like Yale and Connecticut College.

For junior Nolan Michalowski, this sounded like the perfect remedy for a great college life and athletic experience. WestConn wasn’t the only option though as Nolan said, “I had looked closely at schools like The Coast Guard Academy and Salve Regina.’ 

This is a major life decision and for Nolan, the amount of playtime he would be getting was everything. Nolan said, “The key factor for me was that the coach told me I would play right away. I was extremely excited with this news because many people don’t get the chance to play their freshman year.”  

Michalowski had a stellar season as he led the team at the face-off x with a 72% win percentage eight goals, and 10 assists. His role will continue next year during his senior year for the Hurricanes as he hopes to lead them in his final stretch of his high school lacrosse career.

Follow @whbboyslacrosse for updates on Nolan and the lacrosse team.