The Hurricane Eye

2017 Summer Bucket List

Back to Article
Back to Article

2017 Summer Bucket List

Taylor Eskesen, Staff Writer

Besides a typical morning at Goldberg’s, lunch at Boom Burger, dinner at Margarita Grille and then ice cream at Ben and Jerry’s, there are many things to do around WHB this summer.

Summer can be filled with excitement with all there is to do in the local area. Yoga at Buddha Beach, paddle boarding at Pontoon Paddler, tanning on one of the many beaches on Dune Road like Jetty 4 and Rogers are a great way to get the summer started.

Make it a goal this summer to try things that you didn’t do last summer. For a laid-back summer, try restaurants like LT Burger in Sag Harbor, Almond in Bridgehampton, Triangle Pub in Eastport, and Brunetti Pizza right in Westhampton Beach. These places have a variety of different foods that everybody should try.

Many students in the school want to try new things this summer. Sophomore Brenda Mendoza wants this summer to be productive. She wants to try out new sports and be active.

Besides paddle boarding and yoga, another activity to try is hiking. The Mashomack Preserve on Shelter Island has beautiful scenic views for 10 miles. Hiking may not be for everyone, but it is definitely something new and interesting to try.

What about traveling? Sophomore Brooke Walker said, “I want to travel in Europe this summer before I turn 16.”  Even taking the train to the city from Ronkonkoma is an adventure worth trying, for less than $30. In the city, visit Black Tap in SoHo and try their famous burgers or Sugar Factory in the Meatpacking District. Shopping in Time Square is also exciting and pricey, but cheaper than traveling to Europe.

Make this summer an eventful one. Whether the plan is to work or sit in bed, get out of the house and try something different and exciting that you will never forget.

Taylor Eskesen, Staff Writer

Taylor is a sophomore at Westhampton Beach High School. Over the summer, she spent her free time, which was all the time, watching Netflix, sleeping, eating...