Meet the “Furry Feeder” crew

Johnny Giraldo, Staff Writer

Every year in the popular elective class of Ms Demchak’s Business management, marks the start of their Business Plan, project.

This is no ordinary school project. Imagine a March madness bracket. Now takeout the basketball teams and put in “Business Companies.” Of course, the companies are not real but they simulates to the students what is to become an entrepreneur and what one must to do to start a company.

In the end prize is $75 in prize money. There was one company that came up with a unique idea. A company group lead by juniors, Julia Galasso, Ryan Davis and Vincent Murphy, called the Furry Feeders. They created an automated pet feeder.

“It is an automatic dog and cat feeder. Its a two in one feeder. You can feed them food and water. Our app allows owners to nourish their pets through their smartphone,” Julia  stated. “We offer our product in different colors. brown black and grey,” Ryan said.

The automated pet feeder also can control how much one can give to their pet. Perfect for one to send their pet on a diet. But there is even more perks. The Furry Feeder has a built in timer. With the app, one can adjust the time one can feed their pets. The feeder is linked to one’s app, so one receives a notification when the food level is low.

With their plan solid and ready to go, they are still deciding to compete in the Business Plan Competition where students try to show off their businesses and what they do. Ryan said, “We’re still deciding but I would like to. I would like to feel the experience of the business world and how it’s like trying to compete to become the best.” The competition starts in late March.