Emily Galovic – Future Architect

Emily+Galovic+visiting+Syracuse+University+after+being+accepted.+

Emily Galovic visiting Syracuse University after being accepted.

Lily Graves, Staff Writer

Seniors need to make a decision on which college is best for them to proceed academically and/or athletically. This fall, a Westhampton Beach senior, Emily Galovic, will advance her academic career at Syracuse University. 

Syracuse University is located in the city of Syracuse, New York. The University is very strong both academically and athletically. The total enrollment is around 21,800 including all undergraduate, graduate, and law programs. Emily will be attending the Syracuse University School of Architecture’s program which is ranked number five in the United States of America and has an acceptance rate of 24%. 

Emily didn’t just choose Syracuse because of its ranking. She says, “I knew Syracuse also had a lot of other things to offer me. The main factor for me choosing Syracuse was the fact that it is a 5 year B.Arch program – I will graduate with a degree accredited by the National Architecture Accreditation Board which is also required in order to receive a license and not all schools offer this.” 

Since Emily knew Syracuse University was the place she wanted to be, she decided to ED (early decision). “I applied ED because it was my number one choice after weighing out all of its factors. The five year B.Arch is also a competitive program and I wanted to increase my chances of getting in.” She is very excited to proceed her studies at Syracuse University, and says, “I am most excited to have the freedom of design and creativity in my career and eventually own my own firm in the Hamptons.” 

Not only will Emily be studying architecture, but she will be studying abroad during her third year, second semester and her fourth year, first semester. She states, “I will also be studying abroad for two semesters. I’m definitely going to Florence, Italy and will have to choose between NYC, London and maybe Korea.”

Emily leaves for Syracuse on August 21st. Although she is excited to go to school, she will miss “going on spontaneous drives down Dune Road with my friends and of course my family. I’ll also miss my dog greeting me at the door everyday.”

We wish Emily the best of luck with her future at Syracuse University.