The news site of Westhampton Beach High School

The Hurricane Eye

The Hurricane Eye

The Hurricane Eye

Drake and Kendrick Duel Drama

photo courtesy: gq.com

The Drake and Kendrick Lamar beef has turned into one big hip-hop war. Other popular rappers have started stating their opinions on who “won.” From “Poetic Justice” to “Buried Alive Interlude”, Drake and Kendrick always seemed to be on good terms, but that’s definitely not the case now. 

This all began when Drake released his new song along with J. Cole called “First Person Shooter” in 2023. In the song, J. Cole raps about Drake, Kendrick, and him being the “Big Three” which triggers Kendrick. Kendrick ends up getting on a song called “Like That” with Future and Metro Boomin in March of 2024 where he says that there’s no big three, “it’s just big me” and continues to say that he makes deeper music instead of Drake’s “radio” music. 

In April of 2024, J. Cole released “7 Minute Drill” where he’s basically just completely coming at Kendrick, saying he fell off and that he’s better than him now. Two days later J. Cole felt terrible about the diss, deleted the song and posted a public apology. He felt stupid releasing that song so from that point on, J. Cole is not apart of the beef anymore. 

Then a couple days later, Drake’s song “Push-ups” got “leaked” and he basically said that every other rapper is better than Kendrick, even himself. He also comes at him for being on pop songs. 

Then Drake released ANOTHER one using AI voices of Snoop Dogg and Tupac, which are Kendricks’ idols, and drags Kendrick. This song is now deleted, but Snoop Dogg already saw it. In the next song called “Euphoria”, Kendrick came for Drake’s “plastic surgery” and he also said, “You not a rap artist, you a scam artist with the hopes of bеing accepted” coming for his rapping, and his parenting skills. 

He then releases “6:16 in LA”, calling Drake a bully and a terrible person. Drake released a seven minute song called, “Family Matters” coming for Kendrick’s parenting and accused him of abusing and cheating on his wife. 

Then, Kendrick drops “Meet the Grahams” and “Not Like Us” on the same day which speaks about Drake’s son, Adonis, basically apologizing that Drake is his dad, saying Drake has a secret daughter, and that he is a pedophile.  Drake responded denying all these rumors.

Both Drake and Kendrick Lamar are loved but people definitely believe in winners in this feud. Gianna Gaita and Daniel Shannon both said that Kendrick Lamar won. Daniel said, “Kendrick cooked Drake, even though I like Drake’s music better.” 

Gianna said, “Kendrick definitely won, I love Drake still, but his diss tracks were better.” 

No matter who you believe won or lost, everyone would rather this beef be over.