The news site of Westhampton Beach High School

The Hurricane Eye

The Hurricane Eye

The Hurricane Eye

Final Bow for Seniors’ Nutcracker Performance

WHB+Seniors+take+their+final+bows%3B+Brynn+Reilly%2C+Sydney+Scheurer%2C+Priscilla+Calise%2C+%26+Rosalie+Judd.++
Kylie Way
WHB Seniors take their final bows; Brynn Reilly, Sydney Scheurer, Priscilla Calise, & Rosalie Judd.

The WHB seniors from the Peconic Ballet Theatre stepped out onto the WHBPAC stage for their final performances of The Nutcracker this December and wowed their audiences for the last time. 

These outstanding performers have been dancing at the WHBPAC every December for most of their lives. Their experience with this show ranges from 10 – 12 years. The Nutcracker has become an essential part of their holiday season, with hours of hard work and dedication spent perfecting every move.

The performance on Saturday, December 9th started at 7 pm and filled the theater with the beautiful sounds of Tchaikovsky’s music. The Nutcracker was first performed in Russia in the year 1892 to celebrate the Christmas season. 

WHB 2024 senior Brynn Reilly, who performed the role of Snow Queen, has loved “spending time with her best friends in the dressing room” prior to each performance, forming memories that will last forever. The dancer’s dressing room is where everyone gets rid of those pre-show jitters but comes together as one company to prepare. 

The tight-knit group of dancers delivered four shows in two days, with alternating roles throughout. Sydney Scheurer, also a senior, performed the role of Coffee from Arabia. When asked about who she thinks the new rising stars of The Nutcracker are, she said, “This year’s Clara was extremely talented, the role was done on pointe for the first time.” The role was performed by Autumn Ambrose. 

Overall, the night was one to remember for the WHB seniors who had their final performances the next day. Pictures, videos, and heartfelt captions expressing how much they will miss performing in The Nutcracker as well as their fellow dancers flooded social media.