WHB travels the globe this holiday season

Madison Lewis and Hailey Hanyo, Staff Writer

It’s not every year that we get a two-week break over the holidays. Many are taking advantage of the time we have off to travel, while others will enjoy a staycation. With a record-breaking 112.5 million people planning to travel this winter break, many WHB students are looking forward to going away for the holidays.

Junior Mia Seitles is traveling to Aruba, where she will celebrate the new year. Mia is no stranger to Aruba, “This is my seventeenth time visiting the island.” For Mia, all 15 days will consist of relaxing and spending quality time with family and friends.

Lance Nill, a sophomore, is traveling alongside his immediate family on a 13-hour flight to Dubai in the United Arab Emirates. Lance is looking forward to an action-packed trip filled with “quadding through the desert, riding the longest zip-line going through the city, and indoor skiing.” Lance and the rest of his family won’t have any time to waste on their seven-day vacation in Dubai. 

Junior, Braelene Owen, will spend her time in Florida, along with the Saso and Polio families. Since the age of three, Braelene has visited her house in Naples. “My family and I fell in love with the area, and our trips are always filled with memories and lots of food.” One thing she’s always excited to do is “ride around town with friends in their golf carts.” 

Caroline Henke, a junior, is prepared for a tranquil staycation for this holiday break. Caroline loves this time of year and plans to “watch Christmas movies, make hot chocolate, and ice skate.” 

Whether you’re staying home or going away, make the best of your two week vacation. Happy Holidays!!!