Caroline Chooses Cortland!

Halle Dixon, Staff Writer

When deciding on where to start her college career, Caroline Ever’s choice was clear: SUNY Cortland. It wasn’t always this way, though. For a long time, Caroline thought that she wanted to attend school in Florida, but that changed after she saw the cost of out-of-state tuition and the programs schools in Florida offered.

“I researched programs that different schools offered for majors and minors, and I picked out the schools that had the best curriculum for me.”

Cortland seems to be a great choice for in and out of state students. It’s in state tuition is $8,779 and its out-of-state tuition is $18,689, which is very affordable in terms of college. Money is often a huge deal-breaker when it comes to making the final college decision.

“Money was a big piece of my college decision. Don’t apply to schools that are way out of your budget, because you are setting yourself up to be sad if your parents can’t afford your dream school,” Caroline advised.

Jeremiah Winter, a Cortland alumni, says that Cortland helped him make professional connections all over New York. These connections eventually helped him secure his dream job in conservation biology!

“While I was at Cortland, I made the most meaningful relationships, both professionally and personally,” Winter said. “I couldn’t imagine another college that would have been a better fit for me.”

Although she is excited for her first semester at Cortland, Caroline also has some reservations.

“It is going to take some time to get used to being more independent.”

She also mentioned her fear about away from her family for the first time. “My mom is my biggest supporter, and being away from her is going to be a little sad.”

Despite her fears, Caroline cannot wait to start her college career! She’ll be majoring in early childhood education with a minor in psychology. “I’m so excited for new classes, new friends, and new experiences!”

Congrats on Cortland Caroline!