New Gym Teacher Raises The Bar

Mr.Wingler lifting weights in the weight room

Natalie Ehlers, Staff Writer

With Health and Phys. Ed. teacher Mrs.Peters out on maternity leave, there’s a new face in the gym, Mr.Wingler.

Mr. Wingler is from Sayville and has been a substitute teacher at Sayville, Sachem, Connetquot, and a permanent substitute teacher at Eastport-South Manor.  He graduated from SUNY Cortland for his bachelors and he went to Hofstra University for his masters.

He is also a track coach at Connetquot, and he heads over there right after school.

In his free time he competes in Crossfit, which is the sport of fitness. He competes in local competitions every couple of months and he competes in the World Wide Crossfit Open, where you can complete the work outs at your local gym and submit your times.

When asked why he wanted to become a Phys. Ed teacher he said, “It was to share my passion and knowledge for movement and fitness.”

Mr.Wingler said that he is loving Westhampton Beach. “The students are all friendly and eager to learn what I have to offer.  And the faculty has all been extremely welcoming and kind,” he said.

Sophomore Juliet Tomaro said, “Mr. Wingler is a really great guy and  encourages us to do our best.”

We welcome Mr.Wingler and congratulate Mrs. Peters, who gave birth to a baby girl on November 19, Addison Jean.