Angel Aunt

Angel Aunt

Sabrina Lochren, Staff Writer

Patricia Capon one of the English teachers here at Westhampton Beach High School is known for many things. Being an excellent writer, being excellent with vocabulary, and being an excellent teacher. But no one really knows much about her and her home and family life.

Capon is very close with her family. She has the greatest connection with her Aunt Laura Gean. She describes her Aunt Laura as a tiny, white haired 90 year old who dresses in predominantly white since she used to be a nurse.

Capon has loved her aunt ever since she was a little girl, “she was the aunt that always gave the coolest gifts. Like one time she got me the coolest clock” she said. But Capon loved her aunt for many more reasons than just because she gave her nice gifts. Capon’s aunt became more like a mother to her when Capons mother sadly passed away when she was a little girl. Capon said, “she became the person I called every Saturday or Sunday and I talked to her the same way I talked to my mother.” One of Capon’s fondest memories of her aunt was a day when they went through photo albums together and went through memories from even before Capon was born and her aunt told her all about her family.

Her connection with her aunt is so important to Capon, especially since she lost her mother at a young age. She became the mother figure in her life.