’70s, ’80s, and ’90s Trends Rising from the Dead

Anna Hand and Juliana Perez wearing the latest trends.

Kayla Guerrero, Staff Writer

Chokers? Denim? Floral? Tracksuits? Original Adidas sneakers? What else is next?

Fashion trends from the ’70s to ’90s are rapidly rising at WHBHS. Celebrity icons, social media, fashion industry, and WHB students are all interested in vintage, grunge, or retro.

In the ’70s, trends were platform boots, mini skirts, biker leather jackets, floral dresses.

The ’80s had trends such as ripped/ skinny jeans, leggings, ankle boots having an impact on today’s society.

The 90s trend of plaid, “Mom” jeans, chokers, white shirts, and cardigans are popular now.

A fashion evolution is occurring, whereas horrific and cute trends are coming back but modernized. Students agree that it gives you ideas in combining clothing with the old trends to add some “spice.”

Junior Juliana Perez is ready to wear her Mix & Mixx bomber jacket and sophomore Rachel Frank says that she’s eager to wear American Eagle shoulder tops.

“Sheer shirts layered with t-shirts, fishnet with jeans over are my personal favorite because you can combine those types of styles with anything,” Juliana said.

Sophomore Robert Ditta said, “I prefer cargo shorts because they can match with anything and the ladies love em.”

Now that the styles are back in, it’s becoming gender exclusive.  “It’s great to bring back these trends because people are using them to express themselves.  Genders can be more free in how they dress without judgment,”  Juliana said.   

So don’t be afraid to try new styles this year and embrace the trends!