#40 Dylan Laube Slashes School Records

Tate Buhl, Staff Writer

Dylan Laube or “Wowbee Laube” as a News 12 Varsity sportscaster calls him, is Westhampton Beach’s football sensation. The one question on everyone’s mind is will he be able carry the Canes to the LIC? Canes running back Dylan Laube, acquired 51 yards receiving and 200 yards rushing for a combined 344 all purpose yards. He credits all of his success to hard work, his fellow team members, and his parents.

In a recent interview with Dylan, he emphasized how hard work pays off and how he credits his success on the field to that.  He also said that his two brothers; Devin and Deegan really helped him with his journey to becoming a high school football star. Family is definitely an important aspect of Dylan’s life. After speaking with him, he kept referring back to how his parents have always been supportive of him, on and off the field.  “I really want to give credit to my family, especially my mom and dad,” said Laube.

Dylan has a combined for 1,001 yards rushing and 17 touchdowns in their first four games.  With the Canes 4-0 record they are tied with Sayville in Suffolk III.  Dylan hopes to lead the team to 5-0 against Hauppauge this Friday.  At 5’11, weighing in at 175 pounds, Dylan hopes to put a large impact on the rest of the 2016 Hurricanes football season.