WHB’s Most Loved Beach: Rogers

WHBs Most Loved Beach: Rogers

Sophia Mangiameli, Staff Writer

As summer approaches, WHB students are anxious to get to the beach. Many beautiful beaches line the south shore of Long Island, however it is right here in our community where some of the most desired beaches can be found. With many different spots to choose from, students have formulated opinions of their favorite beach around, and Rogers seems to be at the top of everyone’s list..

Rogers Beach is located right over the Quantuck Canal Bridge in Westhampton Beach. The food shack is open again this year, after being closed last year due to Covid.  It is known to have some of the best finger foods out of all the other Dune Road beaches.

Rogers is open to all Westhampton Beach residents, and all Westhampton Beach students. For those who want to visit Rogers beach that don’t fall in either of those categories, there is a $425 beach sticker  available for purchase.

With its convenient location, delicious food, and availability to all students in WHB, Rogers has been named the “best beach” by WHB students.  Lexi Sielaw said, “Rogers is my favorite because it’s right over the bridge, and you don’t have to drive far down Dune Road.”

Rogers Beach is a place where many students have made friends that will last forever. “Rogers Beach is where my friends and I have made our favorite summer memories,” said Olivia Luce. Students spend time in the sun and water with their friends at Rogers beach, and even get to meet new friends there.

“The food is really good, and all of my summers of middle and high school were spent at Rogers,” said Emily Schmidt.

With a mighty kitchen

Processed with VSCO with ss1 preset

and a happy atmosphere, Rogers Beach is the place to be this summer.