Purpose Behind Justin’s New Tour

Hannah Donneson, Staff Writer

Justin Bieber’s Purpose Tour has a purpose.  After a rough couple of years in the spotlight, he has a new motivation: to help people.  His tours are more than him singing and dancing on stage, he wants to share his purpose with his fans.

Some people hate Justin believing he is rude because throws eggs at houses, drag races, and smokes/drinks. That is the old Justin. He has changed and deserves a second chance. Everything happens for a reason, and Justin would not be the person he is today if he never went through the low in his life.

His first leg, which he toured in North America, Asia, and Europe, had some major accomplishments in 2016. After just two months of touring, “his overall sales from the trek top $40.5  million from 29 concerts. Attendance is logged at 404,496 so far based on sellouts at 25 arenas.” By the end of the North American leg, the box office had a grossing total of $158.7 million for 112 shows.

Beyond the Purpose Tour, Justin is helping people all over the world. A lot of people may not know this, but he does a lot of charity work. In the past he has worked with Ellen DeGeneres, Make-A-Wish Foundation, and Ryan Secret to help his fans in need. For example, one of his “Beliebers”  was suffering from Meningitis. It set her life back by almost a year, and at one point she almost died. During her recuperation stage, Justin was always there for her, and helped her get by during this rough time. Once she was all better, Justin surprised her with a quinceañera, and all of her family and friends were there.

Last May, Pencils of Promise announced that Justin was the first person to become a global ambassador.   For every ticket sold on the Purpose tour (and his other two tours), $1 goes to Pencils of Promise. All of the money raised will be donated to the developing world, so children living there will be able to have an education. Throughout the years, Justin has donated millions of dollars to help supply dozens of schools and helped to give a thorough education for thousands of students.

For his song ‘Children,’ Justin had “a contest that will give four lucky fans from each city on his tour the chance to dance with him on stage.”

So, the next time you are going to say you hate Justin Bieber for all of the bad things he has done, you should instead realize how he’s showed his purpose everywhere in the world.