Don’t Judge a Book By its Cover

Taylor Oudeans, Staff Writer

Have you ever judged someone just by what you hear or have had the same done to you? It’s not a good feeling and it causes unnecessary drama, which nobody needs. Don’t judge a person, because you’re probably more alike than you think.

In WHBHS, different people from different schools, towns, and backgrounds come together.  Misunderstandings arise and many find themselves hurt because of people talking about behind their back.

This year I went through a situation just like this and after all of the fuss, it wasn’t worth it. I found myself stressed and on edge. Sometimes friends can hurt us by talking about us. Sometimes we hurt friends because we talk about them. It’s not worth arguing over it at all.

In a way, I’m glad this disagreement happened because I wouldn’t have met a truly real individual. I realized that I share similar qualities and interests with her. This person is sophomore, Marindi Miller. “Don’t judge somebody if you don’t know them because you don’t know what they’ve been through” said Marindi. There are many downfalls to being judged, from her own experience she says, “Honestly it doesn’t feel good when you listen to what other people say instead of getting to know them yourself.”

When you judge someone think about what he or she are probably feeling and how you would feel if you were in their situation. I’ve learned a lot and hope that you have too and use this life changing experience in the near future.