2017 Finals and Regents

Gabrielle Montalbano, Staff Writer

Can you believe it’s already that time of the year again? Finals and Regents exams are here. Time at Westhampton Beach has gone by so quickly.  Here’s the information you need to know on how to prepare for your finals and Regents:

First, New York state creates and distributes out the Regents schedule, which they have had created, to every single high school in the entire state. After everything is handed out, schools then make the choice if they want the finals to happen in class or not.

Secondly, did you know final exams are 20% of your overall grade ? This percentage is the same as each quarter. So, it’s important to study!  Thanks to the school, there are different ways to help you study and prepare. For example, there are review sessions that go on after school. You can find out more about the review sessions by asking your teachers.

Sophomore Madisan Florian prepares for her finals by making flash cards. She said, “The test that worries me the most is the Global Regents.”

Sophmore Hannah Donneson said, “A helpful study tip is to study with other friends that have a different teacher but are taking the same course.” Hannah then shared that she strongly agrees that if you study past 10-11 at night you truly don’t know anything.

Good luck to everyone on their exams this year and have a great summer!