Say Goodbye to Halloween 2015

Daniella Tagliavia, Staff Writer

Students around WHBHS had great ideas for their costumes this year. Anna McCarthy, Tanner Tompkins, Casey Garcia, and Isabella Recchion are just a couple students in WHBHS that had their costumes ready. Let’s see what they have to say about their costumes.

Anna McCarthy, a freshman at Westhampton Beach High School, was a zombie with Alexa Nill. She and Alexa wore a white ripped up shirt with fake blood on it and spandex. “I chose this costume because it’s original,” Anna says. Anna’s favorite Halloween costume when she was a kid was her little USA cheerleading costume because she loved being a cheerleader when she was. “It reminds me of the memories I have for when I was a kid,” Anna says. Other Halloween costumes her and her friends had in mind were frat boys, hockey players, or football players. Anna got her costume for $30 at both Claire’s and Sports Authority.

Tanner Tompkins, a sophomore at Westhampton Beach, was a frat boy with 4 of her friends, Daniella Tagliavia, Kayla Berman, and Naomi Graney. “I chose to be a frat boy because I was looking up Halloween costumes on the internet and I found a picture and we all thought it was really cute,” says Tanner. What Tanner and her friends wore for their costume is a collared shirt with shorts, mid calves, and a backwards hat. Tanners favorite Halloween costume when she was a kid was when she was Alice and Wonderland. “This was my favorite Halloween costume when I was a kid because I wore black and white stripped leggings, and I really feel like the costume connected me with Alice.” Some other Halloween costumes Tanner and her friends were thinking of being were aliens or snow white and the 7 dwarfs with her and her 8 closest friends. Tanner spent no money on this costume because everything that she needed she’s borrowing from her dad. “I hope you all had a fun Halloween! Love y’all”

Casey Garcia, a junior at Westhampton Beach High School, was an alien with her and one of her close friends Kelsey Taylor. “I chose to be an alien because it’s cool, fun, and creative” Says Casey. What Casey and her friend wore for their costume is a metallic shirt and antennas. Casey’s favorite Halloween costume when she was a kid was dressing as her american girl doll. “ It was my favorite costume because I was obsessed with American Girl Dolls when I was younger. Another Halloween costume that Casey had in mind was a nerd. Casey spent about $50 on her costumes and she went to Riverhead to purchase everything for her costume.

Halloween is one of the most popular holidays around the world for both kids and adults. Kids love the idea of Halloween because you get to dress as your favorite super hero or favorite disney character, and also you get an unlimited amount of candy. Kids aren’t the only ones that love Halloween, adults do also. Adults love the thought of Halloween because it reminds them of when they were little kids. Not only that but they get to see how happy the kids are in their costumes and it also makes them think about the memories they used to have with their children when they were little. Halloween is just another holiday that people cant wait for it to come the next year.

These are just some of the many students in WHBHS that had great Halloween costumes for this year. Hoping you all had a fun and safe Halloween! Can’t wait to see the costumes for next year.