Jamming with Strawberry Fields

Jamming with Strawberry Fields

Kelsey Jordan, Staff Writer

On October 2nd The Beatles tribute band Strawberry Fields played in the high school auditorium. All of the proceeds from the event benefited the Susan Satriano Memorial Scholarship Fund. The band has four members just like The Beatles. Tony Garofalo is one member of the band, Garofalo plays John Lennon in the band. “I started the band 26 years ago, and we have played at many different places including Shea Stadium, Yankee Stadium, Citi Field, Fenway park, Giants Stadium and many other places.” Garofalo also adds that playing at the Westhampton Beach High school was a special evening because he lives in Suffolk County and enjoys the community feel while playing here.

Naomi Hogarty, Co-President of the PTO says that she enjoys this event. “ We are so lucky that Joe Satriano who has been giving out school scholarships to high school seniors who have been effected by the death of a parent or a loved one who battled cancer. We learned about Joe and the foundation and we wanted to pay it forward. So we hosted the concert Strawberry Fields here, and about 80% of the proceeds’ will go to the foundation and a small percentage will go to the PTO scholarships.” Hogarty says.

The evening was filled with some of the classic Beatles music. The auditorium was packed and all for a good cause. To learn more about the Beatles tribute band Strawberry Fields you can go to there website http://www.strawberryfieldsthetribute.com.